Exploring the library

I really am an idiot at times. Always on the lookout for exciting things to collect without bothering to pay attention to what I already have.

A classic example is Bending the Willow by David Stuart Davies. At the time I bought it there was only the one edition. It was no longer in print and second hand copies were expensive (I bought mine for around £100).

For some time I have been a commuter enslaved by BBC iPlayer but a recent visit to the Black Museum exhibition at the Museum of London (go, it's really good) caused me to buy the exhibition's companion book which I then read on the train. This re-awakened a love of train reading and so DSD's book on Jeremy Brett's Holmes is now my train companion.

Having gone to so much trouble (and expense) to get it I am annoyed with myself that I still scan the pages of eBay for rarities without looking at what I have.

So this is the start of a new attitude. I am going to work my way through some of my old purchases and make comments/reviews.

The book has been republished since and a kindle version can be got here.



Written by Alistair Duncan Buy my books here

Comments

Popular Posts