#Setlock - A can of worms (Spoiler free)

#Setlock has suddenly become a much hotter topic than before...

For those of you unfamiliar with the term it is the hash tag assigned to spoiler photographs of the filming of BBC Sherlock episodes. These are most commonly shared on Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr.

I've not been interested in #setlock before and the thing that drew me in this time was the Victorian angle. As a lover first and foremost of Victorian Sherlock I was naturally keen to see what was happening in that line. I made the mistake of forgetting that not everyone else was of the same mind.

This has resulted in Twitter unfollowings (is that a word?) which are always a little painful even if ultimately understood.

However I think another reason that #setlock is a more tender subject this year is the quoted objections of Martin Freeman in the Radio Times (also reported elsewhere). Before this we had the pro and anti camps. Now even former fans of #setlock are questioning it and whether it should be taking place so we have 'pro', 'anti' and 'formerly pro now not sure' camps.

I've personally resolved not to forward anything I see on even though I will still be looking.


Written by Alistair Duncan
Buy my books here

Comments

Popular Posts