Happy birthday Mr Brett


As you will have read elsewhere today is Jeremy Brett's birthday. For my generation this great man IS Sherlock Holmes and no one has come close to matching him. Older generations may adore Douglas Wilmer or Basil Rathbone - younger generations love Benedict Cumberbatch but, for me and countless others, Brett is best (although the others are good).


As I've stated elsewhere, it was Basil Rathbone that first got me interested in Sherlock Holmes and Arthur Conan Doyle but it was Jeremy Brett that made me stay the course. It was Brett who ultimately caused me to be sat here writing this blog entry with nearly three decades of fandom and four books behind me.

For that, and so much more, my thanks sir. May you rest in peace - that peace is richly deserved.

More can be read here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Brett

Comments

Popular Posts