The hound is reborn

The cover for my next book drew some criticism when it was unveiled due to the hound that had been used. It was felt in some quarters that the hound was inappropriate and comments were made to that effect.

Fortunately the amount of criticism was trivial in comparison to the positive comments but I nevertheless decided to see if I could do something. My reason for this was simply that I have been something of a pedant myself and therefore I felt obliged to make an effort to address the concerns.

My boundless thanks go to Phil Cornell (of PHILIP CORNELL ILLUSTRATION PTY LTD) for riding to my rescue with a brand new and original hound. It should be pointed out that Phil was responsible for the cover illustration on my second book Close to Holmes.

Comments

Popular Posts