Haslemere Festival Latest

It's time for a further post on the Haslemere Festival for 2011. I was approached (a few times) about giving a talk at this festival but turned it down. My reason was simply that it would impact too negatively on the work on my latest book.

I was then re-approached and asked if I would be prepared to introduce a series of ACD related films. For the most part I imagine these would have been Sherlock Holmes films.

I confess I was tempted but I have just this minute declined this also.

The reason is basically the same as before - i.e. I don't wish to do anything that impacts negatively on my writing. However this illustrates the bind you can often find yourself in when you're in demand. Attending such events is often quite fun and gives you a chance to sell yourself and, by extension, your work.

Comments

Popular Posts